Matt Haryasz Arizona Magic Coach
Coach Matt Haryasz is a Arizona local high school legend, leading his Page High School team to a state championship and a 29-2 record his Senior year in high school. Matt Averaged 25 points, 12 rebounds and six blocks during his senior season at Page High School, and set a school record hitting 70 percent from the floor . Matt was voted the Arizona Republic Player of the Year, Gatorade Player of the Year, and the Navajo Times Four Corners Hoops Player of the Year , Student Sports first team All-Region (Southwest), an Arizona all-state, all-region, all-league selection, and a named McDonald’s All-American finalist. After High School Matt earned a scholarship to play basketball at Stanford. During his time at Stanford Matt became one of the elite players in the Pac-10 conference (which at the time was the number one conference in the nation). During his time at Stanford Matt was a 2005 honorable mention All-Pac 10 and in 2006 was named 1st team All Pac-10. After graduating from Stanford Matt played 6 years professional in the United States, Europe, and Asia where he collected even more awards as a professional. Matt has returned to the states and looks to start his coaching career. Matt is a very talented athlete, with a great head on his shoulders, who has a lot to share with players on and off the court.
- 2002 Arizona Player of the Year
- 2002 Gatorade Arizona Player of the year
- 4 year Letterman at Stanford
- 2005 Honorable Mention All Pac-10
- 2006 First Team All Pac-10
- 2006-2012 Six Years playing professionally in the US, EU and Asia. (Houston Rockets, Arkansas Rim Rockers, Eldo Napoli -Italy, Bremerhaven -Germany, Gastera -The Netherlands and Alaska -The Philippines.
- 2007 Second Team (Germany)
- 2009 1st Team (The Netherlands)
- 2009 Dutch National Champions
- 2010 Euro League